Blog topics for artists is sometimes made easier with outside inspiration. This post on blogging for artists is the second on blog topics for artists.
Blogging for Artists Is Important
For some artists, developing blog topics is cause for a creative stumbling block. Variety will make your blog more interesting and appealing.
Sure, it’s great to write about your work. I always encourage offering glimpses of works in progress. But, your blog can’t be just about your latest pieces.
Blogging Is Dynamic
Search engines love new, fresh information. Blogging is the best way to create a steady flow of news and views for your readers, and for search engines. A good blog is an invaluable marketing tool for artists.
Readers have made my first post with suggested blogging topics for artists, titled, “52 Blog Topics for Artists – Get Started Now!” one of the most popular among the nearly 500 posts on this blog.
Engage Your Blog Readers – Entertain and Educate Them
You need to mix it up to keep your readers engaged and interested. I suggest running contests for whatever you think would be fun. For instance, a blog topic contest could be for a suggested title of a new piece. You could do a survey, or show the same piece in different frames and ask for a vote.
The more creative and fun you make reading your blog, the more valuable it becomes to your readers and to you. Here are some more ideas for kickstarting your brain for new ideas for your blog posts.
Blog Topics for Artists – Part Two
- How to value art.
- Why your feedback is important.
- The value of good framing.
- How to work with a picture framer.
- Hosting a studio party. You offer the space. I bring the art and pay for the caterer, plus give you a profit, or donate to your favorite charity.
- Why some art gets into museums.
- The collectible value of art.
- Some surprising sources of inspiration for me.
- Why I paint (artist’s choice: puppies, poppies, people, abstacts, nudes, et cetera.)
- My favorite musicians to listen to while painting.
- My favorite musical genre to listen to while painting.
- How my prints are created.
- How a suite of complementary images from my work creates a mood.
- How to care for the art in your collection.
- How to perfectly hang a picture.
- This is how I ship my art.
- Have you seen my work in these galleries.
- Why working with XYZ gallery is such a pleasure.
- Advice for artists just starting out.
- Order my art online with a guarantee.
- Why licensing of my art helps the original art’s value.
- Why painting wet rocks and moving water is a challenge to real.
- How listening to certain music inspires me when creating my art.
- About architecture, how it influences my work.
- Roundup of important tweets from the past month.
- Why daydreaming is an important part of making art.
- How being a regular reader of Art Print Issues by Barney Davey has made me successful, happy, beautiful, and insanely rich… 😉
Don’t Miss Another Issue! CLICK HERE to get regular updates to Art Print Issues emailed to you.
My friend, Jason Horejs, owner of Xanadu Gallery, broadcast “Blogging Tips for Artists | Art Business – Art Marketing Podcast” last May. Use this link to download the podcast. There are valuable reasons to blog, and numerous ways to go about blogging. We covered as many as possible in our podcast. You can find numerous posts I have published on blogging for artists. Use the link to find a custom search list of posts about blogging for aritsts on Art Print Issues.