Blog Topics for Artists – Timeless Tips from the Art Print Issues Vault
Here are 52 blog topics visual artists can use to pump up the volume on their blogs. Blogging is free marketing & easy with topics like these.
52 Blogging Topics for Artists – A Post that Keeps on Giving
Unless you live under the proverbial rock, you have repeatedly heard why as an artist you should be blogging. For instance, you may have listened to or downloaded the podcast on blogging for artists I recently did with Jason Horejs.
The primary reasons for blogging by artists is it helps to find new customers and retain existing customers. Blogging gives your customers a chance to know you on a different level than you can achieve through a static website.
It allows your other interests and personality to come through, which makes buying from you more likely. Besides, no other tool is as easy and affordable to use. It’s a great way to build your email list, too.
What’s New with You?
Plus, blogging is a crucial component to getting higher Search Engine Page Ranks. Search engines love new, fresh content.
GET MORE DONE IN 90 DAYS THAN IN A YEAR
Join the 90-Day Ninja Marketing program. Click to learn more
Like the rest of us, search engines like to ask, “What’s New?” Because providing relevant content via your blog is beneficial to search engines, your customers, and you, it is all the more reason to make it blogging as an artist a disciplined, routine habit.
If you think you don’t have enough to write/blog about, you are wrong.
You just haven’t given it enough thought, or you haven’t had a push with suggested topics like this in this post. It’s been three years since I first posted this Art Print Issues Classic. With summer in full swing, it’s time once again to present to you:
52 Blog Topics for Artists
(If you have some good topics for a future Part Two of Blog Topics for Artists, please comment. If I use yours, I will credit you with a link to your site.)
- Why I support XYZ charity
- The most inspiring art teacher I have known
- How I came to understand being a professional artist was my career path
- Why I love working with XYZ medium
- What you can learn from the traveling exhibit at the ABC museum
- Four galleries I would love to carry my work and why
- Five contemporary artists whose artworks inspire and inform me
- Clues to the subtle messages in my art
- My color palette is (nature/technology/environment) driven and why
- Ten things they don’t teach you in art school
- How being in the business of art affects my art
- When I paint, I like to listen to Guns n’ Roses/London Philharmonic/Enya/Toby Keith
- How the other arts influence my work, e.g., how I attempt to interpret the fluidity of a ballerina in my brush strokes
- Here are blogs by other artists whose work I like, or whose blogs I like
- Art retreats; although you may not get rich and famous, you can still travel and stay in wonderful places. Here are my favorites or fantasies
- How other jobs I’ve had have added perspective to my art
- Spirituality is personal, but growth in it has made me a better artist
- Nine things I want to paint before I stop
- Why painting en plen air is exhilarating
- Art by other artists I bought in unusual places
- Visually inspiring day trips around where I live
- Museums I’ve visited in other cities and around home
- Art books on my bookshelf
- If I could only recommend one book, art or otherwise, for someone, it would be…
- How living the creative life has uplifted my spirits and made me a better person
- Advice for young artists
- Why I love my local galleries and the local art scene
- How blogging has stretched me as an artist
- You can find my art online at these sites, here’s why I chose to use them
- Art magazines I like to read
- The most significant influence on my life was…
- Why and how parents should encourage artistic development in their children
- Some funny experiences either colleagues or I’ve had at art shows
- I still can’t believe people have asked me these things
- The five best quotes on art I’ve ever read
- How the courage and creativity of some disabled artists have inspired me
- Here are blogs I enjoy that are not about art
- Seven ways technology has changed how I make and sell art (Some examples are: Photoshop/digital camera/digital painting/digital printing/Painter/online art sites)
- I’m grateful because this person came in my life, or because this happened to me
- Eight reasons I get out of bed to paint every day are (Suggestions: Let’s be honest, I need the money. I’m OCD and can’t help it. It’s the best job a person could have. A day without painting is like a day without sunshine. I can’t stand the thought of going back to the 7-11)
- And you heard writer’s block was difficult
- How overcoming creative obstacles has made me a better artist
- So I went to a tradeshow/convention/workshop, and the best/funniest/saddest thing happened
- It’s tough to part with my originals; here’s why
- Five reasons you will like the giclee prints I offer
- Flowers in my garden make me smile and make me paint
- If I weren’t an artist, I’d be a…
- Why faces are so difficult to paint, and hands are tough too
- The most inspiring movie I’ve ever seen is…
- How the arts organizations in my area are helping children/charities/??
- Why you should always use a docent when you go to a museum. Here are some special things I learned at…
- How reading the Art Marketing News blog has made me smarter, better looking, more creative and much richer
Learn more at bdavey.co/ninja