Starving to Successful – Fine Artist’s Guide to Getting Into Galleries
This book is the real deal because it provides artists with information that seems otherwise impossible to get. It is why I gladly wrote a post to help promote it and have a page for it here. The information below comes directly from the author’s descriptive copy of his book.
Have you ever wondered if you have what it takes to show your work in galleries? Have you felt frustrated because you are unsure how to best approach galleries for representation? Do you know what you need to do to prepare your work, your portfolio, and yourself to make an effective approach?
“Starving” to Successful | The Fine Artist’s Guide to Getting into Galleries and Selling More Art will answer these questions and many more as you prepare to increase your presence in the gallery market. Written by J. Jason Horejs, owner of Xanadu Gallery in Scottsdale, AZ, “Starving” to Successful will give you pragmatic advice and concrete, actionable steps you can begin implementing immediately to become more successful at marketing your work to galleries.
Gain insight into what a gallery owner is thinking as he or she reviews your portfolio. Understand why the most common approaches artists make to galleries are largely ineffective. Learn what most artists fail to do in preparing their work for sale.
“Starving” to Successful will also teach you:
- How to create a consistent body of gallery-ready work
- What you should do to present your work in a manner that will appeal to galleries
- How to price your work
- How to organize your work and track your inventory
- How to best allocate your marketing efforts and dollars with an eye toward getting into galleries
- How to build your resume
- How to pick the best markets for your work and how to find the galleries in those markets that would best suit your work
- How to confidently approach galleries and what to say when you meet the director or owner.
- Much more . . .
Order today – the first printing sold out in 1 month and the second printing is 3/4 sold out. This is a special price offered to Art Print Issues readers. The PayPal billing will be made to Bold Star Communications.
“Starving” to Successful
The Fine Artist’s Guide to Getting into Galleries and Selling More Art
203 Pages – Paperback
© J. Jason Horejs | RedDot Press 2009
Join the Art Marketing Mastery course. You’ll learn tips and techniques to find your ideal buyers and how to connect to them.